Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Marshmallows

An evening trip to Target - not Kiefer's favorite thing to do. Anytime I break the news that we have to stop somewhere on the way home from work/daycare, Kiefer's typical response is something like, "Mom. Why can't you do these things when I'm not with you? Shopping is just so boring!"

I only needed a few things, but this stop required some persuasion. A special snack usually does the trick. So, tonight - among all the aisles and aisles of Halloween candy pouring off the shelves, Kiefer spotted marshmallows. They were "special" - white, orange and black ghost-shaped, medium-sized marshmallows. He was sold immediately and we were off to check out. "Mom, do not have him put those in a bag. I want to hold them."

We got in the car and Kiefer asked if he could have just a couple on the way home. So, I agreed and as I opened the bag and pulled out "one white one and one orange one, please" as requested, Kiefer said....

"Mom, can we please save these marshmallows until I grow up and go camping? Then I can take them camping with me!"

Wow, ok or maybe we can just buy you another bag of marshmallows when that time rolls around..!

Sooner than later, he requested to hold the bag so the softie behind the wheel gave in and I handed them back with the typical mom speech "don't eat too many of those...you need room in your tummy for dinner."

To which Kiefer replied, "they will just go on the sides, Mom."

Huh?

"The marshmallows will just go on the sides of my tummy. That way there will be room for my dinner to go right in the middle."

He was serious. Oh, the rationale...

1 comment:

  1. Sweets go to my sides too...the sides of my hips and thighs, unfortunately. What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete