Tuesday, May 19, 2009

When I Grow Up

Driving home the other night, Kiefer said, "Mama, ask me what am I gonna be when I grow up."
"Ok. Kiefer, what are you going to be when you grow up?"
"I don't know, you tell me Mama..."
"Let's see. Are you going to be a doctor?"
"Noooooo"
"Are you going to be a firefighter?"
"Noooooo"
"A teacher?"
"No"
"An architect?"
"Noooo"
"A scientist?"
"Nooo, silly!"
"Well, what are you going to be?"
"I'm gonna be a daddy, Mom."
"Oh, really?!? So, how many kids are you going to have?"
"Three. Or maybe 65. And I'm gonna live by you. Nooo, I'm gonna live next to Grandma Theresa!"
"What?! You aren't going to live by me?"
"Noooo (big grin)...(turned serious voice) hey, Mama... How I going to find they Mommy?"

Luckily we have a looooong time before we have to worry about that!


2 comments:

  1. Loooooove it! :-) Now aren't you glad you're writing this down. That will be one for the future wife in a LOoooooooong time!!! Miss and love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will just have to arrange a marriage between Kiefer and either Ella or Natalie in 30 years. Clearly, none of them will be dating for the next 20! ;)

    ReplyDelete